Question: How do I find help for students?
My internship got cancelled this summer, now what?
- CESB (Canada Emergency Student Benefit):
- The Federal Government announced on Wednesday, April 22 that they are launching the Canadian Emergency Student Benefit for post-secondary students whose education and job prospects are disrupted by the pandemic.
- The CESB will add up to $9-billion, and post-secondary students can receive $1,250 per month from May to August.
- The CESB benefit can increase to $1,750 for people with disabilities/have dependents.
- Announced the government is creating 76,000 jobs for students in industries/sectors that currently need a helping hand (e.g. Contact tracing, Agriculture, and others).
- The Government of Canada will outline further details about this program, announce them and update their website. For more information, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2020/04/support-for-students-and-recent-graduates-impacted-by-covid-19.html