City Update: Waste Bin Exchanges
As part of our phased approach to resuming services, 311 will now begin taking requests for waste bin exchanges, which were initially suspended as part of the City’s COVID-19 response.
- Requests to up-size or downsize a recycling or garbage bin can now be made by calling 311.
- Requests for a new garbage, recycling or green bin, additional bin or bin repair can also be made by calling 311.
City Update: Reopening all Closed Waste Drop-Off Depots (Transfer Stations)
Recently, I shared the City’s announcement that three of the City’s Drop-Off Depots were reopened to the public on Saturday mornings and two Drop-Off Depots were also opened on weeknights.
Beginning on Monday, June 1, all Drop-Off Depots will reopen to the public. They will operate on regular hours, with the exception of Bermondsey and Ingram Drop-Off Depots, which will only be open to the public on weeknights and Saturday mornings.
The hours for Bermondsey and Ingram will remain as follows:
- Bermondsey: Monday to Thursday from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. with a half-hour closure from 11:30 pm to midnight, Fridays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Ingram: Monday to Friday from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. with a half-hour closure from 11:30 p.m. to midnight, Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Residents with registered accounts can continue to bring material at any time during operating hours.
- All locations will accept the regular list of materials including household hazardous waste.
- Compost pickup will not be available at any Drop-Off Depot.
- Large volumes of visitors may result in wait times.
- Payment must be made by debit or credit card; cash will not be accepted.
- The public are asked to limit their visits and respect public health guidelines.