Which Level of Government Should I Contact?

Which Level of Government Should I Contact:


Federal – Please Contact Your Member of Parliament (MP) For:


  • Banking Concerns and Issues
  • Canada Pension Plan (CPP)/Old Age Security (OAS)
  • Census Canada
  • Citizenship and Immigration Issues
  • Foreign Policy and Foreign Relations
  • Criminal Law
  • Currency Questions
  • Employment Insurance
  • Federal Income Tax and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
  • National Defense Inquiry
  • Postal Service (Canada Post)
  • Social Insurance Numbers


Provincial – Please Contact Your Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP) For:


  • Anniversary, Birthday and Special Event Scrolls
  • Birth Certificates, Death Certificates and Marriage Certificates
  • Post-Secondary Education
  • Family Responsibility Office (FRO) Issues
  • Health Cards and Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) Issues
  • Highways (Provincial)
  • Natural Resources and the Environment (Provincial)
  • Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
  • Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
  • Trillium Drug Program Issues
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)


Municipal Government – Please Contact My Office For:


  • Animal Control and Shelter Support
  • By-Law Enforcement, Property Standards
  • Toronto Community Housing, Subsidized Housing Issues
  • City Planning, Land Use
  • Local Public Transportation, Toronto Transit Commission
  • Local Roads and Snow Removal
  • Noise Complaints
  • Ontario Works (Social Assistance)
  • Toronto Police Services and Toronto Fire Protection
  • Property Taxes and City Utilities
  • Local Recreation and Community Centres
  • Garbage Collection, Recycling and Hazardous Waste
  • Water and Sewer Services


School Boards – Please Contact Your School Trustee For:


  • Concerns about Teachers and School Environment
  • School Facility Permits
  • Placement of Special Needs Students
  • School Board Regulations
  • Student Transfers
  • School Transportation/Bus Policies