Bring your family and friends for some fun and free hot chocolate!
For the month of February, the City celebrates the significant contributions made by Black Canadians across various fields such as education, medicine, art, culture, public service, economics, politics, and human rights in Toronto. I urge Torontonians to take this opportunity, not only during this month but throughout the year, to explore the rich history and ongoing contributions of Black leaders. Let us acknowledge and actively oppose anti-Black racism and oppression.
Our office will also be hosting the annual Councillor Skate Event! We will be visiting 5 different skating rinks near you for the next couple of weeks. Our first skate event is happening this Sunday, Feb 11th from 3:30 pm-5:00 pm at Downsview Arena! Come and bring your friends and family. More details below.
In this newsletter:
- Black History Month
- Councillor Skate Events
- CampTO Registration
- Vacant Home Tax Declaration
If you have any questions, please get in touch with me at 416 338 5335 or [email protected]. My team is here to support you.
Information Session: Basement Flooding Program
Thank you to everyone who joined the Environmental Studies info session for the Basement Flooding program! It was nice to connect and hear your insights.
Dropping by Carmine Stefano CC
Spent a fantastic Saturday at Carmine Stefano CC for bingo, surrounded by many friendly faces!
Black History Month
Our city's story is woven by numerous Black Canadians from diverse backgrounds. Let’s reflect, learn about, and celebrate the impactful contributions of Black leaders in our city.
In our neighbourhood, Northwood Community Centre (15 Clubhouse Court) is organizing a couple of events throughout February for Black History Month.
Thursday, February 8th - Movie Time 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Enjoy some popcorn and engage in a meaningful discussion
Tuesday, February 13th - African Dance Workshop 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Unleash the rhythm within with an Afro-dance workshop
Thursday, February 15th - Paint Night 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Art-instructor leading the event and walk you through creating the art piece
Thursday, February 29th - Art Gala 6:00pm- 9:00pm
- FREE African History Month Art Gala showcasing the arts, fashion, music & history. Come experience raffles, live performances, an art exhibit, Fashion and Afro-Caribbean cuisine!
For more information, please visit http://toronto.ca/recreation or call the facility at (416) 395-7284.
Councillor Skate Events
I am excited to invite you and your family to our annual Councillor Ice Skating Event. This is a free public event! Join me and MPP Tom Rakocevic for some Winter Fun!
- Sunday, February 11th 3:30pm-5:00pm: Downsview Arena (1633 Wilson Ave)
- Saturday, February 24th 3:30pm-5:00pm: Gord Irene Risk C.C. (2650 Finch Ave W)
- Sunday, February 25th 2-15pm-4:15pm: John Booth Arena (230 Gosford Blvd)
- Sunday, March 3rd 3:15pm-5:15pm: Grandravine C.C. (23 Grandravine Dr.)
- Sunday, March 10th 2:30pm-4:30pm: Habitant Arena (3383 Weston Rd)
Camp TO Registration
CampTO is back in every neighbourhood across Toronto this summer, with traditional and specialty camp experiences for ages four to 16! Registration opens TODAY! Explore camp programs now: toronto.ca/camps
Vacant Home Tax Declaration
Property owners who would like help to submit a declaration of occupancy status by the February 29 deadline can visit a drop-in session at Toronto City Hall or one of the civic centres. Find drop-in dates and locations: toronto.ca/VacantHomeTax
Our community office at 2350 Finch Ave W, Unit C (Finch and Weston) is also open for you to drop by! Staff will be available to assist you in filling it out online. Remember bring your property tax bill!