We are hosting a neighbourhood event to gather ideas for the Black Creek sustainable neighbourhood action plan (SNAP). We'll be sharing free advice on things tenants and homeowners can do in their own homes to make the neighbourhood greener and discussing ideas for making our shared spaces (parks, streets and boulevards) better! Here is the flyer BC SNAP community event Feb 9Light refreshments and door prizes! Kids are welcome - we'll have some eco-friendly activities for them too!
- Manage water on your property & reduce your water use
- Create beautiful and maintenance free landscapes
- Grow food in balcony gardens & community gardens
- Naturalize parks & keep the Black Creek healthy
- Reduce drafts at home & lower your energy bills
- Design streets to manage flooding
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 9th, 2011 St. Augustine's of Canterbury Church 80 Shoreham Dr. Drop in to share your ideas any time between 6:30-9:00 PM For more information contact:Julie Hordowick, B.Sc.(Env), M.Sc.Project Manager, Watershed Planning, Ecology DivisionToronto and Region Conservationtel: 416-661-6600 ext. 5780fax:4[email protected]