City of Toronto and 211 Ontario helpline asking residents to make the right call

The City of Toronto is partnering with 211 Ontario helpline to educate residents on how to make the right call if they want or need help.Residents are encouraged to call 211 for information about health, social and community services. For example, you can call 211 if you are a newcomer to Canada and are looking for employment training or you are concerned about a family member with an addiction and need information about available programs. You can also call 211 if you need information about a food bank, mental health support or a non-emergency police contact number.211 is answered live, 24 hours a day, every day of the year including holidays. More information is available at, visitors and businesses can call 311 (not 211) for information about City services or programs, or to make a request for service. Callers can get information about everything from checking on property and utility taxes to reporting a missed garbage pickup to finding out where the closest flu clinic is located. Customer service representatives also have access to over-the-phone interpreters who can speak more than 180 languages. 311 is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. More information is available at

  • Call 311 to get information about City services and programs such as garbage collection, water service, graffiti removal and recreational skating locations.
  • Call 211 for information about community, social and health services if you don’t know where to turn with a problem.
  • Call 911 for a medical emergency, or threats or harm to a person or property that require police, fire or paramedic services.

Share this page