Power outages can happen at any time, particularly during severe weather. While winter has been mild so far, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be thinking about getting prepared.Toronto Hydro has released a video to help you learn about emergency preparedness. Watch the new video here: https://youtu.be/FArYcAUBU9gMore tips for putting together an emergency kit:
- Keep your emergency kit in an easy-to-access location known to all family members
- Check batteries twice a year
- Ensure that you have at least one cell phone or non-cordless telephone
- Have a list of emergency contact numbers nearby
- Don't forget your pets! Have identification on your animals and enough pet food and water in your emergency kit for at least three days
It’s also recommended that you customize your kit to your family – aging parents, young children and pets may require more preparation.For information during a major outage, Toronto Hydro has a website – OutageTO.com – that can be accessed from any device to get the latest news and updates.