The Ontario Government is extending all emergency orders until at least May 19, after the Victoria Day long weekend, in order to continue to slow the spread of COVID-19.As we continue our fight against COVID-19, more businesses will be permitted to reopen on a gradual basis, but the province reiterates they must adhere to strict public health measures in order to protect their staff and customers.The province's Chief Medical Officer of Health has previously indicated that Ontario will need to see a consistent decline in the number of new COVID-19 cases and a decline in hospitalizations before we can take further steps.The following are a list of businesses that are allowed to open under specific guidelines***As of Monday, May 4:
- Lawn care and landscaping businesses.
- Essential construction projects, including: shipping and logistics, broadband, telecommunications, digital infrastructure, any other project that supports the improved delivery of goods and services, municipal projects, colleges and universities, child care centres, schools and site preparation, excavation, and servicing for institutional, commercial, industrial and residential development.
- Automatic and self-serve car wash businesses.
- Auto dealerships, open by appointment only.*
- Golf courses are allowed to prepare for their upcoming season but must remain closed to the public.*
- Marinas can begin preparing for the recreational season by servicing boats and other watercraft. Boats can be placed in the water, but must be secured to a dock at all times until public access is allowed.*
As of Friday, May 8:
- Garden centres and nurseries will be allowed to open.
As of Saturday, May 9:
- Hardware stores and safety supply stores will be allowed to open.
As of Monday, May 11:
- Non-essential retail stores with a street entrance can provide curbside pick-up only.
- Construction including demolition work: the province will also allow below-grade multi-unit residential construction projects, such as apartments and condominiums, to begin; existing above-grade projects can continue.
More updates to come.For more information, please visit:https://www.ontario.ca/page/framework-reopening-our-province