As of 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, May 16, the following businesses/services will reopen:
- Golf courses
- Marinas, boat clubs and private boat launches
- Private parks and campgrounds can open to prepare for the season
- Businesses that board animals.
As of 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, May 19, the following businesses/services will reopen (assuming trends in key public health indicators continue to improve):
- Retail businesses that have a street-front entrance, but not shopping malls.*
- Seasonal businesses and recreational activities for individual or single competitors. This includes facilities where athletes train for athletic competitions, but not full-scale gyms.*
- Animal services, specifically pet care services, such as grooming and training, and regular veterinary appointments.
- Indoor and outdoor household services that can follow public health guidelines, such as housekeepers and maintenance.
- Health and medical services to resume, such as in-person counselling and scheduled surgeries.
- Lifting essential workplace limits on construction.
- Job protections for workers who become ill will remain in place for all stages of recovery plan.- Update on school closures and childcare available next week. Please click here to visit the Province of Ontario's website for more details.