Register to the City’s Fall recreation programs and join us at local events
I hope you had an enjoyable long weekend.
I am using a new email system and would like to know if you are having issues viewing the email. If you prefer to opt out of receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe here.
Fall is coming soon, and there are many ways for you and your family to stay engaged in our local community. From after-school programs to extra-curricular activities, and local events, there is always something for everyone to enjoy.
Below are some events you can look forward to for this month:
- Fall Recreation Programs Registration Opens
- National Tree Day Planting Event
- In-Person and Virtual Community Meetings on Noise By-Law
If you have any questions, please get in touch with me at 416 338 5335 or [email protected]. My team is here to support you.
Councillor Anthony Perruzza
Ward 7, Humber- River Black Creek
Jane and Finch Mall Back to School Block Party
Glad to have stopped by with many of our community members! Thank you to Jane and Finch Mall for hosting such an amazing event.
The Children’s Breakfast Club Backpack Giveaway
Thank you to the Children's Breakfast Club, Newstalk 1010, Toronto Police, BIC, Jamaal Magloire, and the Peel Regional Police for giving away free Backpacks at Yorkgate Mall!
Jane and Finch Unity 12 Annual BBQ
Inspiring community leader, Andrea Tabnor hosts another remarkable BBQ, enjoyed by many youth and families. Congratulations on celebrating the Jane and Finch Unity 12th Annual BBQ.
West Toronto Church of God 5th Annual Community Block Party
It was an honour to have attended the West Toronto Church of God 5th Annual Community Block Party. Thank you for welcoming us.
Registration for Fall Recreation Programs Open!
The City is Toronto’s largest provider of recreation programs for people of all ages, skill levels and interests. It offers a wide variety of programs, including: arts, fitness, sports, skating and swimming. New programs starting this fall include PA Day CampTO, Kalimba, Micro-Gardening, Electronic Club and Dungeons and Dragons for Older Adults.
Registration for City fall recreation programs opens at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, September 12 for our ward. Here are some ways you can register:
- View the available programs and register online
- Call 416 396 7378 from 7 am on Tuesday, September 12
- Visit Driftwood Community Recreation Centre (4401 Jane St) on Tuesday, September 12 from 7 am to 12 pm
The City also offers discounts and free recreation programs for children, youth, and older adults to enjoy, including leisure swim and drop in programs! Some of our local community centres that offer free recreation programs include:
- Chalkfarm Community Centre (180 Chalkfarm Dr.)
- Driftwood Community Centre (4401 Jane St)
- Emery Collegiate Institute (3395 Weston Rd)
- Oakdale Community Centre (350 Grandravine Dr)
National Tree Day Planting Event
Wednesday, September 20th is National Tree Day, and the City is hosting a FREE tree planting event at Hullmar Park from 10 am -12 pm. Join and help make our community greener! Groups of 5 or more must register. If you have any questions, you can contact: [email protected]
In-Person and Virtual Community Meetings on improving the Noise By-Law
Share your thoughts with the City! Join the public meetings that are being hosted from September 12-21 to discuss the noise by-law.
General noise (for example, unreasonable and persistent noise, power device noise and noise from waste collection):
- In-person: Tuesday, September 12, Metro Hall, 55 John St., Room 308/309, 7 to 9 p.m.
- Virtual: Tuesday, September 19, 7 to 9 p.m.
Amplified sound (for example, music from bars):
- Virtual: Wednesday, September 13, 7 to 9 p.m.
- In-person: Thursday, September 21, Metro Hall, 55 John St., Room 308/309, 7 to 9 p.m.
Motor vehicle noise:
- Virtual: Monday, September 18, 7 to 9 p.m.
Construction noise (for example, condo developments and residential infill):
- In-person: Wednesday, September 20, North York Central Library, 5120 Yonge St., Meeting Room 101, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.